Pages

Friday 27 September 2013

It's a Sinch




 Today didn't start to well and the sky wasn't the only cloudy outlook. The healthy walking is making life harder in the morning, it really  is pleasure beside the pain in the afternoon. The 4 Littlie's and I enjoy getting out, seeing the sights, dodging the Magpies and challenging their cycling and skateboarding skills. My slow start this morning, somehow happened upon hurting my spinal fusion - gees thats a pain that nobody needs to know about. I will admit I sooked around on the lounge until the smarting stopped. My good friend Rochelle gave me the boost I needed. Thank you Rochelle.





When I got organised it was a Sinch, I processed some oranges I had bought to make Orange jelly Sinchies. There was enough to make a 1L smoothie starter for the next lot of smoothie Sinchie's, jelly lollies for the Lovelie's, some orange ice cubes for drinks and smoothies and 2 small jelly cups for Kate to eat at work. Can I share with you what has made packing the Sinchie's easier, is that Green watering jug. I paid $2 at Overflow and it fits perfectly in the 80ml Sinchie's which I found hard to fill last time with thick smoothies, this time it was a breeze.







I love Pinterest not only is it better screen time than TV, but it saves you money. We had 5 dodgy bananas that were begging to become muffins. Pinterest came to the rescue with a "Great it's a Sinch SCD recipe" for Banana Muffins. I made a double batch as I often do and 46 muffins but could have got 48 if some of the first ones we just a tiny bit smaller, so a generous recipe. The Lovelie's were wrapped in these muffins, and all commented on how huge they were. These will be packed, frozen and ready for lunches. Pinterest has made the Specific Carbohydrate Diet doable and even easy at times. If there is something challenging you in life, do a simple search on Pinterest and see how someone else has given it ago or perfected it.




 Even though though pain seems insumountable, I try to push past it. Today is an example of what subscribing to Flylady can help you get through. I love the concept of "You can do anything for 15mins", some days in this house it's "You can do anything for 5mins sometimes 2mins". If you find housework, organisaion, clutter, just getting yourself together difficult, have a look at Flylady getting started. I have been getting the emails for about 18mths, most days I delete them and have things together and on track. The other days I wake up in pain, unmotivated or just lethargic, I read the emails and get my mojo back. The premise of Flylady, is to start daily routines to help you get organised and manage everything in your life a little bite at a time. This is something we all find hard at times, but the tools, email support and general system helps keep life a lot calmer. Having 5 children, 4 of them within 3 1/2yrs and very unwell, I had to be organised or this boat would've sunk. The stress and anxiety from Illness, Hospitals, Doctors, Therapies, exhaustion and just simply not enough hours in the day became almost unbearable. I read in a thread on Simplesavings about Flylady, it sounded a bit airy fairy for me, after a couple of months of emails I saw the light. I honestly wished I had known about the website all the way back when I was a young working Mum with 1 sick child, let alone 5. I seem to get it together and lose it again, then get back into the system, that said I need the reminders "Not to sweat the small stuff."


Food for Thought


No comments:

Post a Comment